Welcome to MAMA Seattle
The Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association of Seattle ("MAMA Seattle") was founded in 2006 as an organization designed to empower attorney mothers and encourage professional success while celebrating our roles as attorneys and mothers. We are devoted to furthering the interests of mother attorneys in Seattle, in Washington, and throughout the nation.
MAMA Seattle is a source of support for attorney mothers -- a place where we can network, share experiences, learn from each other, problem solve, and talk about issues we face in a supportive and forward-thinking environment. To this end, we aim to:
- Enhance the recognition of mother attorneys in the profession and community;
- Promote the advancement of mother attorneys within the profession;
- Facilitate the achievement of work-life balance;
- Provide a forum for informing members and the legal profession about issues of particular concern to mother attorneys and parent attorneys;
- Facilitate the transition for attorney mothers who have taken time off and wish to re-enter the profession;
- Support mother attorneys contemplating alternative work schedules or extended leaves of absence; and
- Increase the interaction and connection between mother attorneys of diverse backgrounds and practices.
To further our goals, MAMA Seattle is pleased to provide a variety of programs and events that run the gambit from monthly lunch seminars focused on timely professional and work-life issues for attorney mothers, to networking events (monthly events with our children, and other specialty networking events with and without our children), to networking groups, to mentoring, to job postings and resources (both professional and parenting) on our members-only Listserv. MAMA Seattle also hosts an annual Summer Picnic for our members and children, and an Annual Banquet for our members featuring a MAMA Seattle Leadership and Justice Award honoree each year.
MAMA Seattle seeks to connect, inspire, support, and engage our members, as we constantly expand our resources and programs to encourage successful paths for mother attorneys in law and in parenting and in life. We are immensely thankful for our sponsors who support MAMA Seattle, our mission, and our programs. We are also appreciative of our hard-working MAMA Seattle Board who make it all happen.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please explore this website to see what we have to offer, and join us today!
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact our Sponsorship team to find out more.
Thank you for visiting MAMA Seattle! Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions, and we look forward to seeing you at a MAMA Seattle event soon.